Saturday, January 29, 2011

My name is A....

manda and I am a bookworm.

After reading my friend Mel's post about one of her obsessions http://thislifewithyou.blogspot.com/2011/01/coffee-talk.html, I wanted to share mine with you. READING!!!!

I love to read....sometimes it seems like it could consume all my free time if I let it. S even bought me an Ipad for my birthday with the thought that I could use it as an e-reader (like a Nook or Kindle.) I have recently figured out how to borrow e-books from the library. This, to me, is amazing. Along with my reading obsession, I also love the public library! I could sit in the library for hours if I had the chance. Jefferson Parish has a great library. My favorite part is their online services. I can search anything (books, movies, music) and, if they have it, I can request that it be sent to the library of my choice. And then they even call or email to tell you when it is ready to be picked up.

Today I started on my 3rd book this week. The first one I read was "Pricless" by Nicole Richie (yes that Nicole Richie). Book was decent, easy read. The second was "The Carrie Diaries" by the person who wrote the Sex and the City books. This was about the high school days of Carrie Bradshaw. Pretty easy read and interesting if you loved SITC. The book I started today is in the current series that I am reading. The Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse novels or the books that HBO's "True Blood" is based on. I totally LOVE these books. They are great reads, pretty easy, have some suspense, some romance, and a few laughs.

So, if you have any reading suggestions, send them my way. Or let me know if you need any suggestions, I have lots of favs!

And for you picture today, another one from back in November



I will try to get more of the house renovations tomorrow. You aren't going to believe what it looks like already.

29/365



2 comments:

melissa said...

Love this post! Matt is every bit as book crazy.... He just finished a book called The Room and can't quit talking about it.... He's finished like four this week .... Will see what he recommends.... Love.

Amanda said...

Oh Mel that would be great. I would love to broaden my horizons with different books. Right now I am stuck on 1) vampire books and 2) romance/drama stuff.